Have you ever wanted to make restaruant tasting pancakes, straight from the comfort of your own kitchen?
We have given you all of this information below, which you will be happy to know takes less than 10 minutes to get things started!
What ingredients will you need for the pancakes?
- 1 standard cup of self-raising flour (around a 300ml cup)
- 1 standard cup of milk, we recommend full fat (around a 300ml cup)
- 1 medium or large free-range egg
What ingredients will you need for the topping?
You can choose whichever toppings you would like, but we would recommend
- A handful of fresh strawberries
- A handful of fresh blueberries
- A 1/2 pot of greek yogurt
- A drizzle of honey
What is the method?
- First of all, you will need to measure out the ingredients above
- Once you have the ingredients prepared, you will need to pour the flour and milk, and then crack the egg all into one jug
- Mix up the flour, milk, and egg until you have creamy texture (usually taking around 5 minutes of mixing) as a quick tip, get a spoon and run this around the sides of the jug at the top of the mixture to help remove any lumps
- At this point, you can either use the mixture straight away or cover and leave in the fridge overnight. This will help to bind all the ingredients together for a smoother mixture
- After you have your mixture prepared, place a frying pan on a medium to high heat and leave for about 40 seconds so it can get hot
- Add some butter to the frying pan, and then place a tiny drop of the pancake mixture into the frying pan to test the temperature
- If the drop of the mixture starts to form together and you can move it around the pan you are ready for your first pancake
- Pour a small amount of mixture into the frying pan and leave for around 40-60 seconds before flipping onto the other side. You will know its ready to flip when the edges of the pancake start to bubble and go darker in colour
- Do this to both sides of the pancake to complete
- Then dress your pancake with the decided toppings to serve
Enjoy! Please let us know in the comment section below how your pancakes tasted!